Macbook Pro visits Genius bar for 3rd time in 10 days...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by theGAPkid, Nov 2, 2010.

1. theGAPkid macrumors regular

Is this getting ridiculous now?

I've had my new Macbook Pro for 5 weeks now. Last week, I noticed that there was a mark in the dead centre of the screen. I took it to the Apple Store, and they replaced it, no Qs asked. I picked it up the next day, got it home and BAM! The whole screen was broken. So off I went back to the Apple store, and they said that it was fitted with a faulty display but no worries, they'd put in a new one. That repair took 7 days, (despite them telling me it would take 1-3).

This morning... A popup flashes up saying I have little battery life remaining. I plug in my power adapter and nothing. I plug in my friends power adapted, nothing. So now my macbook is dead with no way of charging it up.

(As a side note, I also tried both chargers in my friends macbook. They both work fine...)

Now I have a Genius bar appt scheduled for this arvo. Whilst I appreciate it is a case by case basis, do I have any ground for making a query as to why so much is going wrong? Don't get me wrong, I appreciate that I may just have a bad egg, but it's got to the point now where its becoming a real problem. I have a lot of work to get done and having to visit the retail store every few days is becoming old, very fast!

Perhaps I just needed to rant, but if anyone does have any past experience/helpful advice, I sure would love to hear it :)

Sorry again for the moaning :p

2. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

Ask for it to be replaced. It's not normal for Apple to replace hardware unless it has been seen 3 times for the same issue, however, I think this is an exceptional case as it's such a new unit. All you can do is ask, because it does sound as though you've got a lemon.

3. SpudGT macrumors member

+1. I have had very good luck with Apple taking care of me in situations like this ... especially if you ask nicely!

4. Blu101 macrumors 6502a

Blu101

5. devilstrider macrumors 6502a

lol This made me even more happy I bought new.

6. theGAPkid thread starter macrumors regular

So, luckily this time it was an issue that could be fixed whilst I waited. Apparently when they changed the display (for the 3rd one :rolleyes:) The connections weren't all aligned or something.

So it's back up and running now.... Here's hoping we're at the end of all of this :)