MAcbook Pro vs 2.4 2600XT iMac. . .

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by dannewell15, Aug 25, 2007.

1. dannewell15 macrumors regular

I currently own a Macbook (see sig), and I am considering updatng it at some point. What I was wondering is what is more powerful mainly in graphical capabilities;

the 15 inch 256 mb MBP

or. . .

the 2.4ghz 2600XT iMac

Thanks everyone! :)

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Do these benchmarks help at all?

Barefeats 1, 2, 3, 4.

3. dannewell15 thread starter macrumors regular

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

No worries mate. Is that the kind of thing you're after? Remember to take benchmark results with a grain of salt. :)

5. dannewell15 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah Thanks! From the looks of those benchmarks they are quite similar in terms of gaming ability and one sometimes outperforms the other. What I was thinking is would I be better getting a MBP and selling my Macbook or Getting an iMac and keeping my MAcbook or keeping both laptops. What I would really like is a 12/13 inch Macbook Pro. . . I can dream cant I? What would you reccomend?

6. keysersoze macrumors 68000

keysersoze

I think it's assumed that the graphics drivers aren't mature, and the results from the Barefeats site can be considered *lower end* of the graphics capabilities. I would assume that over time, and with updates, you will see improvements for both the 8600GT in the MBP and the 2400/2600 in the iMac. Right now, if you go by the benchmarks, you are better of buying an older model iMac with the 7600 in it, as it performs better than both the current iMac and MBP! (gaming framerates)