Macbook Pro vs Imac...no not this again

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by chris48559, Feb 4, 2011.

1. chris48559 macrumors newbie

Let me start by saying hello to everyone, long time lurker, first time poster. Having been around here for more than a day I realize how tired everyone is of Macbook pro vs imac vs air vs pro vs dell vs....etc. This is a little different, and I'll keep it as short as possible

I have a 8,1 Imac (24'' 2.8ghz) and a Macbook pro bought in december (15'' i5 8g ram 128gb ocz SSD) I am going to purchase a macbook air and sell one of the machines. I am just looking for some input on which one you guys think I should sell? If I keep the MBP I will be buying an external monitor. I will use the air for menial tasks and the MBP or Imac for the processor intensive heavy lifting.

Thanks in advance, and yes I searched and couldnt find too many threads along the same lines, but if you find some feel free to link them here :D

And for good measure....OMG sandybridge, delay for MBPs, still in february, just kidding...six months (sarcasm) :rolleyes:

2. DemonBob macrumors member

Personally, I would do the MBA + MBP/Monitor.

That way you would still have the option of going mobile with your workhorse if need be.

3. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

What GPU do you have in that 8,1? If it's the 8800GS I'd sell the iMac. Otherwise I prefer to work in my iMacs. I just bought another one for my other office. I still carry my MBP but really only use it for business travel.

Cheers,

4. chris48559 thread starter macrumors newbie

Unfortunately the radeon 2600, in all honesty I enjoy working on the imac immensely and for whatever reason it feels only slightly, and rarely a noticeable amount, slower than the MBPi5. Being my second, and newer machine though, I have not had a chance to run the MBP through its paces as much as I would like.

Thanks for the input guys, I'm really on the fence here so any input helps. Cant complain too much, its not a terrible fence to be on I suppose :apple: