Macbook pro vs macbook 12

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Nba188, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Nba188 macrumors member

Hi guys.
    I just recived my new macbook pro with touch and i use him for the last few days..
    He is little bit heavy for me so i think to replace him for the 12 macbook 2017
    I just want to know the main difference between these 2 .
    I use the mac for office, browsing (about 7 pages), win 10 with paralles (very light use) , watch movies and youtube.

Can you please advise me what to take?

Also, can you tell me wich one of them have more chance to get an update soon?

2. Nba188 thread starter macrumors member

3. adamfozzy macrumors member

I had both devices last year and think I prefer the MacBook 12 inch for, like you said, the portability. I use Windows parallels too.
    not sure on updates. They may both get a spec bump at WWDC in June but possibly the Pro is most likely.

4. Nba188 thread starter macrumors member

Great thank you ..

5. EugW macrumors 603

EugW

If you use parallels, you might want to consider getting 16 GB, regardless if it’s the MacBook or MacBook Pro.

BTW, I have a 16 GB Core m3 MacBook which I also got for the portability. I had a 13” MacBook Pro before but found it awkward to use on the plane.

6. Dave245 macrumors 604

Dave245

They may update the MacBook at WWDC but if they are introducing a 13” version you may want to hold off until then, That’s personally what I’m doing, however what you’ve described sounds like it would be fine with the current MacBook.