macbook pro w/retina hdmi port

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Breitling65, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Breitling65 macrumors 6502

I am on vacation with my macbook pro, I took hdmi cable to watch Netflix and other things in my hotel room. Everything is OK, besides hdmi port doesn't hold cable well and if inserted not well tv is losing signal. I went BestBuy and got thunderbolt to hdmi adapter, now whole setup looks much more robust to me, however I don't know if this way I am missing some video quality? Why is hdmi port made as such crap that it can't hold cable well?

2. GSPice macrumors 68000

GSPice

Have you done any research to see if this is a common problem? Or thought of the possibility that it's just your machine, before you call the entire production of MBP HDMI ports crap?

3. MathBunny123 macrumors regular

It works fine with me! I didn't notice any problem, I was on my sofa playing TDU2 while streaming 1080P on my TV...:confused:

4. old-wiz macrumors G3

Or the cable being used is crap.

5. Breitling65 thread starter macrumors 6502

Same cable is fine and firm inside of any other devices, besides it is standard cable as any other. Not firm inside macbookpro, port should be holding hdmi cable at least a little inside. Power cable with magnet is great example how it should be done.

6. VanillaCracker macrumors 68020

VanillaCracker

It could very likely be that your Mac just has a poorly connected HDMI on the inside. I had that happened with my iPhone where the port like loosened up. So it was pushed back maybe 20% and it was hard to charge obviously, because it was pushed back. That happens sometimes..I guess. Seems to be your unit though