MacBook Pro w/ Windows?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nutsnbolts, Oct 26, 2009.

1. nutsnbolts macrumors 6502

Hey I'm a new MBP user, I haven't received my MBP yet but I'm looking to have windows also on the machine.

What is the best way to accomplish this? If someone can point me in the right direction that would be great.

2. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

If you're comfortable with installing Windows on PC, it's basically the same on a Mac. All you would need to do is run Boot Camp assistant to create a partition for your Windows installation. Once that's completed, just boot off the install disc and continue with installing Windows like you would normally would.

3. nutsnbolts thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, that's it. Bootcamp. I couldn't think of the software to use. I heard there is another way of doing it (virtually). From my brief discussions with an Apple person, they told me that although Bootcamp is nice, you have to reboot to switch back and forth, on the other hand, doing it the virtual way is as good?

Anyone can clarify this?

4. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Virtually is another option granted you don't need 3D support. If you need it for that simple Windows program, Parallels or VMWare Fusion does a pretty good job. Emulation has come a long way since it was introduced.