MacBook Pro; wait or buy?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by matko933, Mar 2, 2012.

  1. matko933 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2012
    #1
    Would you wait for the 2012 model of MacBook Pro or buy the 2011 right now?

    Also, I am interested about the price, will the 2012 be more expensive when it's going to be released or the prices will remain the same? (I'm interested in the 13'' i5 model which is 999 pounds in the UK).

    Can't decide guys, what would you do?
     
  2. simsaladimbamba

    Joined:
    Nov 28, 2010
    Location:
    located
    #2
    Do you need now, or can you wait till April or even July?
    Do the current MBPs fulfil your computational needs?

    I would not wait, but I have different reasons than you have. I would buy now, as the current MBPs can still run Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard.
     
  3. PalacePlayers macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2011
    #3
    I would definitely wait. The new MacBook Pros coming up this year will most likely have a significantly improved design, on top of a performance boost. In my class there are a lot of MacBook Pros, and they are looking really bulky and outdated next to all the MacBook Airs. I'm certain that if you buy a MacBook Pro now, you'll end up feeling it's way to heavy and thick in one year from now.

    I think this is one of those times when a little patience really, really pays off.
     
  4. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

    LostSoul80

    Joined:
    Jan 25, 2009
  5. matko933 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2012
    #5
    I can't really wait till July.. the most I can wait is a month probably..
    And right now I'm on an 3 years old HP laptop which doesn't turn on withouth a charger and as a student bringing laptop everywhere with me would come handy.

    Thanks for the replies so far.
     
  6. paul8 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2010
    Location:
    USA
    #6
  7. Liquinn Suspended

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2011
    #7
    Would Apple use Ivy Bridge processors in the April refresh then?
    The report doesn't mention the 17" - the one I'm going to be buying. Cheers.
     
  8. Vantage Point macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Mar 1, 2010
    Location:
    New Jersey
    #8
    . the most I can wait is a month probably..

    Then wait a month because prices will likely be the same. If by early April there are no concrete rumors and you must buy then I would strongly suggest a refurb which will be a much better value. Plus, you might be able ask if you can exchange for a new model without restocking fees if the new ones come out within 2 weeks of purchase. I know they do this when you buy a new one (direct from Apple) but not sure how they handle this with refurbs - so call and ask if you go that route.
     

Share This Page