MacBook Pro wake with Keyboard/Mouse

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bielen, Oct 28, 2008.

1. bielen macrumors regular

I just purchased a new aluminum MacBook Pro. I'm now looking to purchase the keyboard and mouse.

I've read that I can start the computer in sleep mode with the wired/wireless keyboard or mouse. Can either the wired or wireless devices start up the computer when it has been completely shut down?

Older Macs used to be able to do this with a Power button on the keyboard.

Any isssues leaving the computer in sleep mode all the time when not in use?

Thanks

2. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

Congrats on your new laptop.

1. Nope, your computer will need to be in sleep mode and you will to need to select a setting in system preferences to allow bluetooth devices to wake up the computer.

2. Not at all. Although I recommend restarting once a week to clear memory and stuff. If you want complete Apple style then go for the wireless keyboard and wireless mighty mouse (rating varies from poor to good). The Logitech bluetooth accessory range is also good.

Enjoy your new MBP!

3. bielen thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks.

I like the look of the wireless, but I don't want to get bogged down wasting time if it doesn't pair properly from sleep mode. The wireless keyboard seems to get good reviews. I leaning toward the wireless I just don't know if there's any practical advantage if I'm using it at my desk? It is nice though to lose two cables.

4. Hadi macrumors member

5. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

I've got the wireless keyboard and it works very well. Had no issue with paring at all. Same goes to the mighty mouse although the nipple ball can become cloggy and get stuck!