MacBook Pro Waking Up Due To Vibrations In Room

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by John Doe 57, Sep 6, 2008.

1. John Doe 57 macrumors 65816

John Doe 57

As off September 6th this has been occurring - so far twice tonight. I walk into my office room where my Macs are and the MacBook Pro wakes up automatically. The lid is closed so I belive that there is a sensory issue here.

Thanks.

2. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Try rebooting. Or better, an SMC/PRAM reset. But this shouldn't happen, since it can only be woken from sleep mode if a key was pressed or the trackpad was touched. Vibration shouldn't wake it up.

3. ant-macyourself macrumors member

Apple laptops are set by default to wake from sleep when the lid is opened, so it's odd that you're having this problem while the lid is closed. Do you have any peripherals plugged in to the laptop? For example, an external mouse that could have moved slightly?

You could try modifying the power management settings in OS X to have the laptop stay asleep unless a key is pressed on the keyboard. It may not be the most convenient solution for you, but it should hopefully work. Here's how you can do it:

http://www.macyourself.com/2008/08/...wake-ups-when-an-apple-laptops-lid-is-opened/

4. John Doe 57 thread starter macrumors 65816

John Doe 57

OK. I will monitor the computer today a see if it happens again. Maybe it was a fluke. If it reoccurs, I will do the PRAM reset and then I will try the external devices method.

Thanks for the help.