Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bme

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2014
Hi Guys, I just bought a macbook pro and I wont be at home for a few days after it has been shipped. So I wanted to know when does the warranty period actually start. I mean will it start from the date of purchase, the date of delivery or the date of activation.

I am concerned about the 14-day return policy as I may not be able to check the product in this duration if they consider it from the date of purchase. And if there are any defects that I observe after that I wont be able to get it replaced.

blooperz

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2013
It's most certainly not the date of activation, otherwise everyone could just wait a year(or however long) after buying before activating their warranty period. A safe bet would be the shipping date in your case since you're not buying it from a brick and mortar store. If your that concerned I would give them a call. Who knows they may let you return it outside the 14 day period for a valid reason if u explain the circumstances, apple has been known to be flexible.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
I am concerned about the 14-day return policy as I may not be able to check the product in this duration if they consider it from the date of purchase. And if there are any defects that I observe after that I wont be able to get it replaced.

The 14 day return policy doesn't have anything to do with the warranty. It's 14 days from the day you receive the item. Anyway, it doesn't matter. If you find a defect, take it in and have it repaired. Why would they need to replace it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.