Macbook Pro Warranty Questions

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by philgilder, Mar 10, 2009.

1. philgilder macrumors 68000

Hi, I have a June 07 Macbook Pro with applecare

The superdrive no longer writes DVDs, as it cannot calculate the burn speed (basically, the laser is broken)

Then, after that happened, I managed to spill a glass of coke on the laptop. After I dried it out, it worked perfectly (a few sticky keys but not really a problem)

Now, the keyboard and trackpad have stopped working. I don't think this is to do with the damage as the coke spilt over it well over 2 weeks ago now

Also, its happened before. The solution was to have a new keyboard, trackpad and top case.

In the year and a half of owning the laptop, I've also had the screen and iSight replaced as the iSight camera stopped working.
    The firewire socket also stopped working, which required a new logic board.

The only things in my laptop that are original are the hard drive and superdrive. Everything else has been replaced, even the aluminium cases.

So, what are the chances of them repairing my superdrive and keyboard and trackpad? I'm more than happy to be honest, however, it's not actually my fault that problems have occured.

I still have 1 1/2 years left on applecare

Thanks

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I'd say you're SOL. The coke probably took 2 weeks to eat away at the electronics before a problem became evident.