MacBook Pro Warranty: Validate purchase date

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by maxwelltech, Jul 10, 2012.

1. maxwelltech macrumors 6502

maxwelltech

Hi,
    I got my 13 MacBook Pro (Mid 2012) about 2 weeks ago, from Amazon (Amazon.com, not some third party sellers). I went to the Apple support site yesterday, and I found out that my purchase date isn't validated. So, I validated it, and put June 24 (the day when I placed order) as the purchase date. The product was shipped out on June 25, and I received it (and registered it) on June 28.
    Later, I realized that maybe I should put June 28 as the purchase date because that is the day when I actually start using the computer. Currently, the warranty is set to end on June 23, 2013 which is a few days short of one year. I validated the purchase date because I did not want any curveballs when using the Up-To-Date program to upgrading to Mountain Lion later this month.
    Should I keep the June 24 date or should I switch to June 28, or June 25?

2. Dragoro macrumors 6502

Dragoro

Think your fine as long as purchase date is after june 11

3. maxwelltech thread starter macrumors 6502

maxwelltech

I know I am OK in the up-to-date program, but my question comes down to this: What is a purchase date? Is it my delivery date or order date?

4. midtownhd macrumors member

I know online orders from Apple goes by shipping date. So if you can change it to a later date, why not? Get the most out of factory warranty because you're entitled to it with the purchase. But I don't know how you would go doing that, hopefully it'll work .