MacBook Pro water damage PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nelliebuote, Nov 21, 2013.

1. nelliebuote macrumors newbie

Last night my cat knocked a glass of water over on my MacBook Pro, it was turned on at the time when I woke up I dried it off and restarted it. It started up fine but the mouse was really slow and when I enter my password it said it was incorrect which I can guarantee you it was not! I even tried another user and it also said the password was wrong. I left it off for about 10 hours and turned it back on and the mouse is responding a lot faster but it is still saying the password is wrong and it says safe boot in red letters in the right corner. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!

2. nelliebuote thread starter macrumors newbie

Update: I just started the computer while holding in command, option,P,R at the same time this caused it to start up out of safe boot but logged me into the guest user which only has safari privileges I was able to try entering numbers there realizing the shift key is broke which would explain it starting in safe mode!

3. monokitty macrumors regular

Best case scenario, the keyboard (therefore, the top case assembly) is defective. Couple hundred dollar repair; not too terrible.

4. triplelucky macrumors regular

Well what you really need to do is quit trying to use and get it to someone that can dissemble it and see how far the water has gone.

It does take much liquid to reduce your macbook pro to rubble.

“A glass” of water is a lot.

If you were able to remove to batter connector immediately so there was no power at all to the unit that would be a good thing.

The faster you get this looked at the better chances of saving your macbook.

Forget about “rice in a bag” and have it taken apart.

5. tmanok macrumors newbie

tmanok

Two options here....

Personally, I'd talk to apple about your options if you have some sort of warranty or apple care... Eerrr other then that I'd sell it if you don't have a warranty or apple care considering its probably old enough to not have a logic board which you can't really fix...

6. 8CoreWhore macrumors 68020

8CoreWhore

Open the back, unplug battery... let dry for a few days... then try it again... if you need to replace the keyboard the part is cheap but there's a scud loads of screws to be removed... the logic board has to be removed to get to it... look on youtube for videos... but if it may work after it dries... don't turn it on.