Macbook Pro Weird problems

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by freestylevid, May 14, 2013.

1. freestylevid macrumors newbie

Hi, So I have a really weird case on my hands..

I have a MacBook Pro "Core 2 Duo" 2.53 15" (SD - Mid-2009).

My keyboard stopped working (only a couple buttons when pressed actually work) and after I have pressed any key on my keyboard, then my trackpad starts to right click and I am not able to left click. However I found out that if I connect and then disconnect anything from my usb drive it seems to fix the right clicking problem, however the keyboard still doesnt work.

If I press ANY key on the keyboard it triggers the right clicking again..

I tried to reinstall os x 10.8.3 but it didnt fix anything..

Just today I decided to disable the keyboard by typing in some code I found on google and it temperarily disbabled the keyboard and then soon after all of a sudden the keyboard and trackpad worked PERFECTLY and the computer was running like new again.

After about 30 minutes of using the keyboard flawlessly I think I pressed the command key and it went back into right click mode and the keyboard stopped working..

It got me so excited that the keyboard can work however after hours of trying to repeat the process I did earlier, no luck..

Could anyone PLEASE help me with this?

Thank you, Peter

2. trigonometry macrumors 6502

trigonometry

Do you have an external keyboard you can try? If so try that. If you computer accepts commands normally from the external keyboard then you'll probably have to replace the top case.

3. SMDBill macrumors 6502

Have you tried a cold restart of the machine or attempted to reinstall from a backup? It sounds like a glitch because plugging and unplugging from USB wouldn't normally alter the behavior of the equipment (trackpad or keyboard) if it was a hardware issue with those devices or the logic board.