Macbook Pro Weird Start Up problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by awilliss, Dec 22, 2008.

1. awilliss macrumors newbie

Hi There, I recently bought a second hand macbook pro from a friend, after having the computer for 1 day I started to get problems. Sometimes when I go to turn it on, it begins to sound like a fan starting up inside and the light on the latch button comes on for about 3 seconds then the computer turns off. Nothing comes up on the screen. I tried removing the battery, and using only the power lead, I tried using only the battery and not the power lead, I removed each stick of ram and then re-inserted it to see if either of them were the problems, but it continued to make the fan sound, and the light would come on, but only for three seconds. I went outside and began to get upset, but when I came back in and tried it again it started up perfectly. The same problem persists every second or third time in a row that I try to start it up. Sometimes it wont start up for several minutes, other times it only takes me pushing the button 1 or 2 times. Please help me, I am so worried!!!

2. neilhart macrumors 6502

neilhart

Well I would talk to the friend first and query him as to sleep and shut down procedure and wake and start up procedure.

Some of us jack with these settings so the default wake up is altered to our likings.

If that does not fix your issues, please post the version of MBP and the OSX version. Is this a fresh load or the one left over from your friend? Do you have the restore DVDs?

Neil.

3. MBPDiva macrumors regular

Now you know why your "friend" sold it to you.