Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cattleman1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 25, 2008
Hi everyone this issue may be posted somewhere else but I can't seem to find it.

I have a 2008 Mac Book Pro I recently installed Lion on, I did not upgrade.

All has been working fine since Lion was on it, I close the lid to sleep and all is well, until last night. I went to open and the lid and the light just kept flashing so after several lid openings and closings and mouse and keyboard clicks is still flashed but did nothing else. I then held the power button in until I thought it shut off but when I tried to turn it back on it seems to come on for a second and right back off. I took the battery out for the entire evening to drain any residual power and still when you try to power up it flashes for a second and turns off.

It was not giving me any strange warning symptoms before this happened so I didn't know why it would be dying, but maybe it has.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much for an awesome place like this to work in.

Have a great day!!

head honcho 123

macrumors 6502
Dec 18, 2008
sounds like a dead GPU [nvidia] issue to me.

take it to an apple store and tell them what happened. i don't think u need to mention that you installed lion.

what's more important is that u closed the lid and when u opened it back the display was dead.

they will run diagnostics on the spot (if they have the tools).

if it is the nvidia issue, they will replace ur logicboard for free.

good luck and report back to us!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.