Macbook Pro, what about next update?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jack02, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Jack02 macrumors newbie

Hi guys, I know, nobody knows when there will be another update....
    I just wanna ask you some advices since I'm not an "Apple User"...

Later this year, I'm gonna buy a Macbook Pro for my job, but since I don't need it before this fall, I'm gonna wait for a while. Of course, I would like to buy it, just for fun, in later August..

The point is that, if Apple updates the Macbook Pros about every 6 months, the next update should be due in earlier October, right?

My question is: what you think they will probably change in the basic 13 inches?
    i5 processor? higher Ghz? A RAM upgrade? I'm talking about the basic version, not any feature available as built-in...
    Do you think the will "update" the price too (I mean an higher price)?

When do you think we'll know more about the release and the features?

Thank you guys!

2. Marty Macfly macrumors regular

Likely a processor speed bump, HDD size bump, no more RAM, no different chips.

You'll know more about the release and features when it is released. Until then, no one can tell you the truth.

3. Jack02 thread starter macrumors newbie

Interesting, but it's also likely to be release this fall or it will probably be release next spring?

4. dsprimal macrumors 6502a

dsprimal

5. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

It's possible there could be a small refresh before then, with faster processors. Apple refreshed the MacBook Pro in March of last year, and although it was still called the "late '08" MBP, processor speeds were increased and the RAM limit was bumped to 8GB (from 6GB) on updated models.

6. Jack02 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I'm not that interested in processor speed.. I mean, I know its importance, but for my use I think I won't have any problems..
    I mean, what can you tell me about the present Macbook Pro 13" 2.4GHz running Photoshop and Premiere CS4/CS5? Not a good choice, right?

EDIT: of course I know that the processor speed is important in video editing, but the previous sentence wasn't related to the following one..
    EDIT 2: I was reading on the Adobe website that for Premiere Pro CS5 is required a 7200 rpm HDD for editing compressed video formats... The MBP has a 5200 rpm, right? What are the consequences?