Macbook Pro What should I do...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by matsundinn, Dec 20, 2007.

  1. matsundinn macrumors member

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2007
    #1
    Im in the market for a new refurb mbp in canada for about 1800-1900 for the 2.2 ghz model. Ive been browsing this site for a while now and it looks like the consensus is to wait until Jan 15 to buy a mbp. I certainly do not need one right now but would love to have one for christmas but heres the question:

    If i wait for the new ones, will there be the opportunity to buy refurbished immediately or will I have to wait until apple receives back some mbps before that opportunity becomes available. My logical answer told me that only new ones (more expensive) ones would be available immediately which would push me into making my purchase now on a refurbished model instead of later...

    What do you guys think, what should I do?
     
  2. Techguy172 macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Feb 2, 2007
    Location:
    Ontario Canada
    #2
    You would have to wait quite a while before the new ones are in the Refurb store.
     
  3. matsundinn thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2007
    #3
    so would it be best if I purchased a refurbished mbp as of right now since I would not be able to get a new mbp if it came out anyways..
     
  4. gavd macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jan 30, 2006
    #4
    As Techguy172 has said, it will be a while before any refurbs will appear so if you don't want to wait too much longer, then buy one now.

    Any machine you buy now will be fine and if you always wait for the next update then you'll never buy anything. You just need to buy when the machine meets your needs at a price you're willing to pay.
     
  5. Squonk macrumors 65816

    Squonk

    Joined:
    Mar 15, 2005
    #5
    Going from past patterns on mac hardware (MB/MBP/iMac), refurbs start to appear in the online :apple: store about 6-8 weeks after the new product is shipping. YMMV :)
     
  6. eji macrumors 6502

    eji

    Joined:
    Jun 8, 2004
    Location:
    Inland Empire
    #6
    If new MBP models are in fact released, you'll probably be able to get a refurb of the current 2.2GHz model at a lower price, since price drops on existing models usually follow the release of newer ones. So if you don't need it right away, wait until Jan 15 and see what happens.
     
  7. matsundinn thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2007
    #7
    ok thanks everyone for the replies

    I think I will go with a 2.2 refurb mbp now since I would have to wait even longer after the shipping date

    i appreciate the help
     
  8. Squonk macrumors 65816

    Squonk

    Joined:
    Mar 15, 2005
    #8
    If I recall correctly, when the 2.2/2.4's came out, the refurb prices on the 2.1/2.33's did not drop for something like 4 weeks after the new models were shipping. So, the refurb prices on the 2.2/2.4's may not drop right away in mid Jan.... I hope they do however :D :cool:
     
  9. shoppy macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Mar 4, 2007
    Location:
    Hants
    #9
    If you want one, simply go for it, you will love it I loved my 2.2 till my speck case scratched it.
     

Share This Page