MacBook Pro (Which model?)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by shuffles, Nov 7, 2007.

1. shuffles macrumors 6502

shuffles

Hey im new to this thread, just subscribed although ive been reading the articles for bout 2 months now. I currently have a dell latitude d810 laptop with 1920x1200 screen n im changing to an Apple (basically cuz microsoft is **** and its full of viruses, errors, freezing and loadsa crap!!)

I wuz originally thinking og getting a macbook cuz im a college student n i suppose it wud be ideal but i love the macbook pro. Its more powerful, the screens better, good graphics card n personally i think it looks amazing. I like playing games n although there arent many for the mac, i wud like the option to play them if wanted to.

Now for the question.....Which model should i get: The €1899 model with 2.2ghz n 128 sdram in the graphics card or the 2.4ghz with 256 sdram in the graphics card?? Wud a person like me who doesnt do web design or power hungry applications notice the difference with the 2.4 and 256 sdram? Also, is there anything else i should add to the model via configuration or is the standard option provided more than enough for me? I was also thinkin of getting .mac and iWork?? My friend has office mac so im jst gonna rob that off him! HA!

In terms of the graphics card provided in the pro, how good is it??? Wat type of games cud it handle...eg bioshock etc??? Im getting one soon so any feedback wud be great!!

I guess there wont be any new updates to the pro soon since the small update last week?

Cheers,
    Shuffles.

2. InLikeALion macrumors 6502a

Welcome to the forums, but (and I'm not being a jerk, just hopefully helpfully informative) your question is completely off topic and not appropriate for this thread in any manor. Please ask you question in the macrumors/forums/apple hardware/macbook&macbookpro forum. There will be plenty of people in there who will answer your questions.

3. mankar4 macrumors 6502a

mankar4

What's the deal with this thread? I think it's the right place to ask a question dealing with which MBP to buy in a buying advice forum.

Anyway, i would go for the base model. You' won't feel the difference and the price difference is far too great to justify the hardware difference IMO. games like bioshock will do fine on the base MBP, not at full setting though probably. They would do better on the upgraded MBP (with the 256), but not $500 better.

Don't forget, you'll probably need windows to do any serious gaming. that adds a bit to the price.

4. xparaparafreakx macrumors 65816

256mb graphic card would be good for gaming unless you plan to play Crysis full resolution with everything on. If your going to do that...I would think twice before you get the Macbook Pro.