Macbook Pro - White Screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by D4rius, Apr 16, 2015.

1. D4rius macrumors newbie

Hello,

So a few months ago, one of my Macbooks RAM's stopped working, so I was left with 2 GB of RAM only, made my computer run Yosemite REALLY slow, so I installed Windows 10 on another partition without using Bootcamp because it didn't support Windows 10.

Yesterday night I was just browsing the internet on Windows 10, and closed the lid and went to bed. This morning when I woke up, I opened the lid again and it was all black. I shut it down by holding down the power button, and then I turned it on again, and it just displayed a white screen. After 20 seconds or so, the screen turned black and it said "No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key". I thought that was strange so I tried to shut the computer down again and held down the "ALT/OPTION" key to choose between partitions, my main idea was to switch to Mac OS X and fix things from there, but nothing pops up when I press "ALT/OPTION", and there used to be 3 partitions there. I then tried "COMMAND+R" to go to recovery mode and use disk utilities there, but there were no disks showing, I then tried to re-install OS X in recovery, but I had no disks to choose from.

I'm writing this from the recovery mode safari, what can I do?

THanks

2. D4rius thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

Restore from backup??

Restore from the backup disk I'm sure you diligently keep up to date!!!!

If it'll boot into safe mode then you should be able to repair disk from there.