Macbook Pro Wi-Fi REALLY Slow with full signal!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rigng, Nov 18, 2009.

1. rigng macrumors newbie

Hi, I just encountered this issue about 2 days ago on my 2009 2.66 GHz MacBook Pro 15. When I am connected to a wireless network my internet goes REALLY slow (30 Mbps wired vs 2 Mbps wi-fi), I cant even watch a youtube video anymore without waiting 5 minutes. My wi-fi signal is full and I am maybe about 15 ft away from my router. I have tried reinstalling OSX and restoring my router but nothing has helped. I also have a Macbook Air running on the same network and connected to the same Wi-Fi and my speed is normal (around 30 Mbps) so I know its not an issue with my router. All my computers are running the latest snow leopard and needless to say, I have zero programs or anything else running on the macbook pro because its on a fresh install of OSX. And just to be clear all these issues occur only when I am in Wi-Fi on the 15 inch, wired works normal on the 15 inch. Any Help is appreciated thanks.

2. showgram macrumors newbie

Here's the solution

Go into your router's settings and change the CHANNEL! Keep changing the channel until you find one that works fast.

Worked for me immediately!

Enjoy!