MacBook Pro Wifi/Internet Problems

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Redstoneq42, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Redstoneq42 macrumors newbie

Hello Guys,
    I've got a Macbook Pro (Specs below) that is having some Wifi/Internet connectivity issues. It has no problem connecting to the internet but every once and a while it just stops loading all webpages for about 5 minutes regardless of what browser I use or how many tabs I've got open. I also stay connected to the WiFi, but sometimes It might drop from 4 bard to 3 bars but not all the time. This happens at random. It might happen after 5 mins of use or 2 hours of use. My brothers Macbook Pro 2009 edition doesn't seem to have any issues like this, nor does my PC Xbox or Phone. My Macbook seems to work fine when connected directly with an ethernet cable. All software is up to date. There was a recent update to do with WiFi but my problems started a few days before this was released. My guess is that there is something wrong with the Airport Card in my Mac. I checked every connection on the airport card and everything seems physically ok. Also I had my internet company come out and check my line and supply me with a new router but the problems still persist. Any ideas what the problem is or how to fix it?

Thanks a mil.

[​IMG]

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Go into your Mac and go to System Preferences->Network and in the Network pane use the 'Location' pull down to 'Edit' and create a new Location by using the + button. Call your new Location anything you want (like Home, Work or Roaming) and make sure you hint the 'Apply' button 9in the network pane to save your new Location. Then use the Network pane to rejoin your wireless network. See if this works, Good Luck.

3. Redstoneq42 thread starter macrumors newbie

It says No IP Address under Wi-Fi in the sidebar with a yellow dot next to it.

4. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Then first make the new Location! Then after making the new Location turn the wireless back ON!

5. Redstoneq42 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, I tried it, but It still didn't work, internet is still crapping out on me. Also my internet has gone for 6mb downlaod to about 0.4mb downlaod for some reason.

6. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

So try another Wi-Fi hotspot and see if it gets the same thing. This way you could tell if it's the router or the Mac. Plus download the latest free beta software iStumbler beta (it will work in 10.8) and see if your router is using the same frequency as others around you. This way you can try a different channel in the wireless router to see if that helps.