Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

erock628

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2009
I have a very strangle network issue, I recently upgraded my wireless G routers to a single wireless N router (Belkin N+ F5D8235-4). I have been having problems ever since with my Macbook Pro(early 2008, 2.5ghz). Internet will cut out even when I am right next to the router, and my computer tells me I have an IP address(both IPv4 and IPv6).

My firewall settings are on allow all traffic. I have reset my Bios(or mac equivalent), deleted my internet profiles, restored all my network settings, and even had mac replace my Airport Card. Nothing worked, which was weird because all my other laptops and wifi devices, including my Ipod Touch(32gb 1st gen) and my sister's mac. I called Belkin and tried every single different security and reset available, but nothing came from it. I am currently using a WPA2 Pre-Shared Key.

Now here comes the weird Part on my router I have 2 wireless networks being broadcasted, one for regular users which has the WPA2 wireless security, and another one for guests that has a hotel login screen type security with a password. I tried using the guest network that does not allow me to access the internal network, and my internet works perfectly. So now I am really confused, could there be something about my sharing options or network settings that mac is not communicating with.

Please respond if you have any advice on the matter.

JRob65a6

macrumors regular
May 5, 2009
some belkins dont like some Macs. Don't know why but thats exactly what happens when they conflict. Id put your old router back in or return it for a different brand.

Qartin

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2009
Yea a friend of mine has a belkin and a time capsule, and says the belkin will drop the connection alot.

But the time capsule will never drop a connection. So I bought the time capsule and it still has never dropped a connection, and Im running a macbook pro, 4 pcs, and a xbox 360 off it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.