Macbook Pro WiFi Problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jmccullough108, Dec 29, 2011.

1. jmccullough108 macrumors 6502a

jmccullough108

Hi,

Im having a problem with my Macbook Pro and my wireless network. All of a sudden starting this afternoon my macbook will not recognize my wireless network. It shows other networks in the area (and can connect to them) but does not show my rooms. My iPhone however can connect to it without a problem. I have tried manually connecting it, and it says the network was not found. Other MacBooks cannot recognize my network either, however windows computers can.

I have a Macbook Pro running 10.7.1, and a Medialink WAPR150N router. Any suggestions?

Thanks

2. SithTracy macrumors newbie

SithTracy

Try the obvious, reset the router. If that fails check and see you don't have any mac address filtering going on through the router config panels through what I would suspect is a web based interface. You may also have reached a DHCP limit. Not familiar with that router, but those are obvious things you can check... Also, you may want to cable up and see if there is a firmware update for the router as well.

3. jmccullough108 thread starter macrumors 6502a

jmccullough108

Thanks for the reply. I have tried to reset the router, I also reset the PRAM on my MBP incase that would help. I went into the interface today and confirmed that there is no mac address filtering. I have my iPhone connected to the WiFi and I ran an ethernet cord to my MBP and have internet working now, still just won't work on wifi.

4. Mark-Technology macrumors member

Since other macbooks cannot connect to the router either it is obviously the router's problem. Try resetting the router to factory default settings through the button on the back by holding it for about 20 seconds and let it go. ( Make sure it is on) then go to the router gateway ip address (192.168.1.1 usually) and config. the router.

It should fix all the problems.