macbook PRO wifi signal PROBLEM

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by aoaaron, Jul 17, 2011.

1. aoaaron macrumors 6502

Sep 4, 2010
    Hi guys.. got a problem with my 2011 15'' MBP.

Basically, if I leave the laptop on sleep and wake it up from sleep a few times, my wifi signal becomes poor. Like 3 bars instead of 4, sometimes 2 bars. This is very annoying because my other laptops in the same location will all have 100% signal.

I have to restart my MBP and then the signal returns. I've tried toggling different wifis and it doesnt work.

I am from the UK and use the BT broadband router if that helps.

are they any options/solutions? shall i take it to an apple store? i dont think i can replicate the problem there which is to my annoyance in trying to explain and validate the problem.

peace, thanks.
  2. aoaaron thread starter macrumors 6502

Sep 4, 2010
  3. MrViking macrumors member

Jul 16, 2011
    The graphic display of the wifi signal change,

But is your connection any different? Did u test for loss, speed change?

If not, there isn't a problem, my suggestion: before and after and they also have a website on there for checking the quality of your Internet.

See if you really have a problem first. Then we can go from there.
  4. hogsrul macrumors member

Feb 27, 2011
    I am having the very same problem and then some. My wifi actually shows full bars and then drops completely. I am able to use the internet, then all of the sudden it just acts like there is not a signal any longer. I know it isn't the airport extreme, as I am able to connect to internet with iphone. Is this a known issue with Apple?