Macbook Pro will not boot after case replacement

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Exegesis48, May 6, 2009.

1. Exegesis48 macrumors regular

I replaced the bottom case of my macbook pro with a new one I ordered off ebay. I followed the instructions from iFixit.com very meticulously and thought I had everything right upon completion. But when I hit the power button all the computer did was illuminate the sleep light and make a faint whirring noise (not as loud as it normally does). Does anyone have an idea of what I might have done wrong?

I know there's probably a million things that could have gone wrong, but I am just seeing if anyone has any past experience with the same thing.

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Take it apart and put it back together again. Not much else you can do at this point.

Does removing the bottom case involve disconnecting the logic board? If you've damaged that, better start shopping for a new laptop.

3. Exegesis48 thread starter macrumors regular

Yes it involved disconnecting the Logic Board... I already have a new laptop though, that's why I was trying to repair the cosmetic damage on my old one (due to having it run over).

4. Exegesis48 thread starter macrumors regular

Consider me the luckiest man alive... After work I decided to open up the Macbook Pro and see if i forgot to reconnect something. I checked all the cables and everything looked fine, so i closed everything back up, hit the power button, and viola! it worked!

So... you can run over a Macbook Pro at 55mph, order $230 of parts off ebay, and rebuild it to look and run like nothing ever happened. I even replaced the 4X DVD Burner with an 8X DL DVD Burner!