MacBook Pro will not boot into recovery or anything other than bootcamp

tommyprevatt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2012
I have an early 2011 MacBook Pro with Lion installed and I can't get the computer to boot into anything except bootcamp. Now, here's the deal with that, my windows partition is shot - all of these issues started when I started trying to fix that, so it won't even load windos, it just hangs.

I have tried restarting the computer holding Option, Command + R, Command + Option + R, Shift, both shifts, both shifts at the same time.

I will tell you that I was able, one time, to load disk utility by holding Command+Option+P+R. From there is where I told it to boot into my bootcamp partition, that was all she wrote. Now it won't boot anything but into bootcamp - which is boorked...

Any suggestions?? Please.

PerformaGuy

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2012
Find a Mac OS X disc, insert and hold S while booting up. Then access disk utility to see what is going on with your partition map.

DuPPs

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2010
could try holding command+s to boot into single user mode and after it stops at the prompt type: fsck -fy

is should run a hard drive scan for corruption and repair any errors. once it completes then type: reboot

also try holding down the alt key when you turn on your mac to display boot drives

JacobTan

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2013
Hi
Did you sort out the issue with your Macbook Pro.
I have exactly the same problem.
It will boot into Windows through bootcamp, but not as a Mac (either from hard drive or CD).
I have managed to connect it to another Mac using Target Disc Mode and have run Disk Utilities (first aid/verify) and it said HDD was fine.
Thanks for any advice

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.