MacBook Pro will not boot into recovery or anything other than bootcamp

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tommyprevatt, Oct 3, 2012.

1. tommyprevatt macrumors newbie

I have an early 2011 MacBook Pro with Lion installed and I can't get the computer to boot into anything except bootcamp. Now, here's the deal with that, my windows partition is shot - all of these issues started when I started trying to fix that, so it won't even load windos, it just hangs.

I have tried restarting the computer holding Option, Command + R, Command + Option + R, Shift, both shifts, both shifts at the same time.

I will tell you that I was able, one time, to load disk utility by holding Command+Option+P+R. From there is where I told it to boot into my bootcamp partition, that was all she wrote. Now it won't boot anything but into bootcamp - which is boorked...

Any suggestions?? Please.

2. PerformaGuy macrumors member

PerformaGuy

Find a Mac OS X disc, insert and hold S while booting up. Then access disk utility to see what is going on with your partition map.

3. DuPPs macrumors newbie

could try holding command+s to boot into single user mode and after it stops at the prompt type: fsck -fy

is should run a hard drive scan for corruption and repair any errors. once it completes then type: reboot

also try holding down the alt key when you turn on your mac to display boot drives

4. JacobTan macrumors newbie

Hi
    Did you sort out the issue with your Macbook Pro.
    I have exactly the same problem.
    It will boot into Windows through bootcamp, but not as a Mac (either from hard drive or CD).
    I have managed to connect it to another Mac using Target Disc Mode and have run Disk Utilities (first aid/verify) and it said HDD was fine.
    Thanks for any advice