MacBook Pro will not sleep, keeps ejecting CD/DVD (I've searched)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by manny34711, Jan 10, 2009.

1. manny34711 macrumors newbie

First of all I'd like to start off by saying this is my first post, and probably not my last. Anyways heres my issue:

I just recently starting having this problem when I close my macpro's screen for it to go into sleep mode, it keeps trying to eject a CD every 15 seconds and the apple light turns on. It repeats this untill I either open the screen or turn the whole computer off... I have all my latest updates and there is no CD/DVD in the drive. My sleep option is set to 15 minutes too..

Any help is greatly appreciated

-Manny

2. manny34711 thread starter macrumors newbie

I forgot. I have the new macbook pro 2.4/2gbDDR3 OS x 10.5

3. manny34711 thread starter macrumors newbie

***problem Fixed***

Ok sorry for wasting a post but I guess this can help someone in the future.

What happened was that I had plugged in a USB keyboard to play Counter-Strike since I like it better for gaming... I unplugged it and it was A, O.K! Finally resting...

4. bezdaniel macrumors member

fix

I had the same problem and then I called apple. The guy told me to close the computer and take out the battery then he said to push the power button for 6 seconds. He then told me to put the battery back in and start it up. It worked!

5. reggierob2 macrumors newbie

Neither of those fixed my same ssue

Neither of those fixed my same issue.
    I am going to try to re-install the OS (archive install) next.

6. reggierob2 macrumors newbie

Found the solaution for me.

I went to the genius bar and it was suggested that I do an "Archival Install" from the install media that came with my MacBook.
    I had done my original install from a Time Machine backup.

The Archival install worked for me. It's one of the options on the installation
    program on the CD. All of my files and applicatons were retained and the system (OS) files were restored and now the MacBook sleeps properly.

7. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

With most problems, you'll find that a PRAM and SMC resets are your best friends ;)

8. bjw86 macrumors newbie

I had the same problem with my macbook pro. After a lot of frustration not being able to sort it out i remembered I had an sd card reader slotted in the side, after removing this the problem was sorted...