Macbook Pro will not sleep when i close the lid

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by capriseyhaze, Apr 28, 2013.

1. capriseyhaze macrumors regular

capriseyhaze

hi guys, so i did all the google searching but i just cant find a solution to my issue. i even called apple and they seem to be stumped(well atleast the guy i spoke to was). So about a month ago i installed an ssd in my mid 2012 non retna MBP. everything was working fine, as it should. so yesterday i decided to take out my super drive and install the original hard drive in the super drive bay with the caddy. see this is the tricky part, i didnt notice anything wrong after that. but then again i was not looking. so after a couple of hours i starting changing some icons and folders to customize the look a little bit. then i noticed when i closed my lid it would not sleep. the apple logo and screen stayed lit up. so i reset the pram and the other thing. still nothing. also it started switching my background wallpaper whenever i would restart the computer. but i fixed that by running onyx. the guy i spoke with at apple said i should do a clean restore and see if that works. do you guys have any suggestions? as far as basics i did all that like turn sharing off, checked the printer que and things of that nature but nothing is working. thanks guys any help would be greatly appreciated.

specs for reference

mid 2012 non retina macbook pro
    2.3ghz i7
    ssd/hdd in superdrive bay
    16gb ram

2. capriseyhaze thread starter macrumors regular

capriseyhaze

never mind i fixed it. i just opened it back up and i seen that one of the were not connected to the motherboard. its all good now.