Macbook Pro will not sleep with lid open

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rikishah, Oct 26, 2008.

1. rikishah macrumors newbie

My computer will just not go to sleep on its own. I have tried the Command-Option-Eject option and it DOES go to sleep, or when I close to lid as well. I tried reseting the power management by holding down the power button for 10 seconds without the battery. It also does go to sleep when the computer is in "safe mode." Is there something causing it not to go to sleep? This is what my console keeps saying with all messages. I have also uninstalled Farsuite from my computer and restarted. Any suggestions? :(

10/26/08 8:46:33 PM com.apple.launchd[112] (com.flyingmac.farsuite[398]) Exited with exit code: 1
    10/26/08 8:46:33 PM com.apple.launchd[112] (com.flyingmac.farsuite) Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds
    10/26/08 8:46:38 PM com.apple.launchd[1] (com.flyingmac.daemon[399]) open("/Library/Logs/FarFinder/launchd.daemon.log", ...): No such file or directory
    10/26/08 8:46:38 PM com.apple.launchd[1] (com.flyingmac.daemon[399]) open("/Library/Logs/FarFinder/launchd.daemon.log", ...): No such file or directory
    10/26/08 8:46:38 PM com.apple.launchd[1] (com.flyingmac.daemon[399]) posix_spawnp("/Library/Application Support/FarFinder/FarFinderDaemon.app/Contents/MacOS/FarFinderDaemon", ...): No such file or directory
    10/26/08 8:46:38 PM com.apple.launchd[1] (com.flyingmac.daemon[399]) Exited with exit code: 1
    10/26/08 8:46:38 PM com.apple.launchd[1] (com.flyingmac.daemon) Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds
    10/26/08 8:46:43 PM com.apple.launchd[112] (com.flyingmac.farsuite[400]) open("/Library/Logs/FarSuite/application.log", ...): No such file or directory
    10/26/08 8:46:43 PM com.apple.launchd[112] (com.flyingmac.farsuite[400]) open("/Library/Logs/FarSuite/application.log", ...): No such file or directory
    10/26/08 8:46:43 PM com.apple.launchd[112] (com.flyingmac.farsuite[400]) posix_spawnp("/Library/Application Support/FarSuite/FarSuite.app/Contents/MacOS/FarSuite", ...): No such file or directory
    10/26/08 8:46:43 PM com.apple.launchd[112] (com.flyingmac.farsuite[400]) Exited with exit code: 1
    10/26/08 8:46:43 PM com.apple.launchd[112] (com.flyingmac.farsuite) Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds
    10/26/08 8:46:48 PM com.apple.launchd[1] (com.flyingmac.daemon[401]) open("/Library/Logs/FarFinder/launchd.daemon.log", ...): No such file or directory
    10/26/08 8:46:48 PM com.apple.launchd[1] (com.flyingmac.daemon[401]) open("/Library/Logs/FarFinder/launchd.daemon.log", ...): No such file or directory
    10/26/08 8:46:48 PM com.apple.launchd[1] (com.flyingmac.daemon[401]) posix_spawnp("/Library/Application Support/FarFinder/FarFinderDaemon.app/Contents/MacOS/FarFinderDaemon", ...): No such file or directory
    10/26/08 8:46:48 PM com.apple.launchd[1] (com.flyingmac.daemon[401]) Exited with exit code: 1

2. MacDrummer macrumors newbie

I had the same problem. The display would go off, but the darn thing wouldn't go to sleep.

My problem was I had firefox open. Even if they window isn't open, but the application is still running in the background my MBP would not go to sleep.

Try quitting out of it and see what happens then.

Try that and let us know how it goes. Good Luck!

3. rikishah thread starter macrumors newbie

I only use Safari and I have no programs open, but it still won't go to sleep..really weird..

4. twerk macrumors member

you could just.. close the lid
    but i could see how it would be annoying when you walk away and dont come back

try looking through your power settings?

5. SinkToTheBeat macrumors newbie

I had a similar problem. It wouldn't sleep at all though. It would go to sleep for 10 seconds or so, then wake right back up, even when the lid was down.

I haven't done any conclusive tests, but I have suspicion it happens after I change graphics cards, until I restart, or possibly just when using integrated graphics. After a restart it seems to work fine, or at least it's working fine now, running on the 9600. I haven't tried switching over in a few days and I haven't had that problem in a few days.

Edit: Now I see that you're not talking about a new mbp. I don't know what to tell you.

6. rikishah thread starter macrumors newbie

Here is what my active profiles looks like:

Battery Power -1
    AC Power -1*
    Currently in use:
    sleep 1
    sms 1
    acwake 0
    displaysleep 1
    autorestart 1
    hibernatefile /var/vm/sleepimage
    hibernatemode 3
    womp 1
    halfdim 1
    disksleep 10
    lidwake 1
    ttyskeepawake 1

Any suggestions?

7. applefan1997 macrumors 6502

Is there a CD in the drive? The magnet may also be triggered.

8. rikishah thread starter macrumors newbie

9. akalderon macrumors newbie

this has to do with FarFinder by FlyingMac - it is a remote access software for your files...

You have installed it most probably to try out and then uninstalled it. Turns out that the uninstall does not remove the daemon entry from launchd that is responsible for it to work as a service. I am researching how to do this and will post once I am successful but at least the problem source is identified

10. flyingmac macrumors newbie

For anyone who comes across this thread:

- FarFinder doesn't stop your Mac sleeping. If your Mac won't sleep, uninstalling FarFinder won't help.

- If your Mac won't sleep, check your Energy Saver settings in System Preferences.

- If your Mac still won't sleep, see http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1776

If you have a problem uninstalling FarFinder like the poster above, see http://flyingmac.com/help/uninstallProblems.html

Adrian (FarFinder developer)