MacBook Pro: Windows 7, wireless problems.

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Toreddo, Jul 18, 2009.

1. Toreddo macrumors member

Hello,

I am using Windows 7 with boocamp.
    Just suddenly without changing anything windows 7 stopped recognizing my battery, and is unable to connect wireless. It just gives me an unable to connect error, no more information is given. I found someone on an other forum with exactly the same problem.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com...e/thread/8d7ebc99-6be2-4732-8e91-1f9bb9986ac5

But they don't have the solution.

Does someone here know what this could be? I hope so :)

Thanks,
    Chris

2. rixy2010 macrumors newbie

Same thing here too

I just got a Macbook Pro version early 2009 OSX 10.5
    I have the same problem. I fixed the bluetooth problem by googling the answer. I had to disable bluetooth in Mac first. Then enable it in Win7. Then enable it in Mac. Resolved the issue. Apparently the Mac OS holds onto the bluetooth Mighty Mouse and won't let Win7 load it. Once loaded and going back to Mac OS, wireless mouse works on both boots using Bootcamp. I'm assuming there may be the same problem with the wireless adapter but still trying the same procedure. Win7 sees the port but won't connect. Reloaded driver and still bad. I'm thinking there may be a new driver needed for Win7 to make this all happen. Will be lurking here to see if there is any other fix.
    Rick

3. rixy2010 macrumors newbie

Update!

Got it working! Both the bluetooth mac mouse and the wireless network. Even though I did a microsoft update yesterday, another check found a Broadcom WiFi update as a download option. I installed it, blew away any current wifi Broadcom drivers, did a hardware detect, let it reinstall the driver, reloaded the ssid and wep key and now it works! Going back to Mac OS and reloading the wifi and wireless mouse worked perfectly. Checking the date of the driver didn't show any new dates but that might not mean anything. Anyway, my Macbook Pro is now a full Mac OS and Win7 box.

4. obidon macrumors newbie

wireless adapter driver issues

I believe I am having a similar issue. I have a Core i5 2.4GHz MacBookPro running Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit with bootcamp. The wireless adapter works fine if i'm running OSX but are flaky when I run Windows. The adapter will connect and work when the computer first boots up but ends up timing out and not being able to get a connection after a short period of time. It usually requires a reboot. Has anyone found a fix for this issue?

Also, it gets hotter than hell when in Windows due to the video card I assume. Is there any way to switch to the lower voltage card in Windows?

5. halcyonic macrumors newbie

Quick fix?

I too have a Core i5 Macbook Pro running Windows 7 under Boot Camp that kept dropping the wireless connection. Try going into the Advanced tab in the Properties for the wireless device (in Device Manager) and changing a value called "AP Compatibility Mode" from "Higher Performance" to "Broader Compatibility." So far that's worked like a charm. No, I don't really know what that setting actually does. :)

Nick