Macbook Pro Wireless Card Issues?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by oseary, Jan 3, 2008.

1. oseary macrumors member

I searched for the same issue, but couldn't find anything:

I have a Macbook Pro, 15.4", I bought it in March of '07 and I run Leopard.

My girlfriend has a 13" Macbook, purchased in June or July of '07, also running Leopard.

My issue has to do with the wireless card in my Macbook Pro, as there are several occasions in which I could be sitting next to her on a couch and she can connect to a wireless network, but I can not.

Do both 'books have two different "builds" of the wireless card internally? It doesn't make sense to me (as a PC technician myself) that one notebook can connect, and the other can not.

No settings have been modified inside of network prefs, which was the first thing I thought of. I just didn't know if there was a "known issue" with the cards on a Macbook, and if I need to take it in to my local Mac repair guy?

Any help/enlightenment is greatly appreciated!

2. Carolyn K macrumors newbie

wireless card problem macbook pro

I have had the exact same problem. intermittent problems with connecting to internet. I have a macbook and no problem with it but intermittent, frustrating problems with the macbook pro. Have you found a solution?
    Carolyn

3. Carolyn K macrumors newbie

Problem solved

Turns out I mixed up my power cords for the two computers. Either cord works fine with the smaller computer but the 17" macbook pro takes more power and must have the cord that delivers that power. Bet you and girl friend mixed up cords like I did? Apple store says also can short out the macbook pro by using the wrong cord. No damage problem with either cord with the macbook. Hope this helps you too.
    Carolyn