Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Blondie :)

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 12, 2010
Prescott, AZ
Hello all.

I know there have been a ton of threads on topics like this, but no one seems to have my problem. You see, my computer will instantly connect to my home network from sleep and such.

However, during usage of my wireless internet, the connection will just "drop" out of the sky. I can look at my iStat pro usage, and it will say that 0 kb/s are coming in. This goes on for about fifteen seconds, and then reconnects. The cycle seems to repeat about every 15-20 minutes.

I opened up network utility and did a scan of my recent network usage. This is what showed up:

I assume this means that my connection is being either denied, dropped, or both? If so, what can I do to avoid this...every other computer in my house is just fine BTW.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-07-25 at 7.30.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-07-25 at 7.30.01 PM.png
    145.8 KB · Views: 125

squeakr

macrumors 68000
Apr 22, 2010
The other poster is referring to the DNS server and not the actual ISP. Yoou can change the DNS server settings in the Airport utility and within your router (if your router is supplying DHCP and DNS to your network, that is where you would want to change it).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.