Macbook Pro Wireless Connectivity Issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JasonR, Apr 8, 2009.

1. JasonR macrumors 6502a

JasonR

I'm having Wireless problems with my Macbook Pro (2.5ghz, purchased 7-2008). This is the best PC I've owned, except for it doesn't seem to like my router. I've even reflashed the router with DD-WRT and it still does the same thing (It's a Linksys WRT-54GL which I purchased due to its high reliability. Every so often, such as now, my macbook pro will automatically disconnect from the router. It usually connects me to the neighbor's slow network. I try to reconnect to my router (WEP protected) and it asks me to enter the password which is alreay filled out. I hit connect, and it can't connect. Minutes to hours later my Macbook Pro is on my wireless connection without problems.

What gives? Is there a fix for it? Buy another router? I'm not sure if it the problem is the router as I can connect to the router via my iphone when my Macbook Pro is having issues.

2. Bulldog3777 macrumors 6502

Connecting

I have the same router and the 2.53 MBP purchased in late Feb. I had read about the connection problems when researching my purchase. I have never experienced a problem with my connection. I know that doesn't help but i don't believe it is the router.

3. ubestbsteppin macrumors regular

Sam here. Same router, same firmware, no connection problems.

4. JasonR thread starter macrumors 6502a

JasonR

Now my iphone can't connect to it and my Macbook Pro can't even see it. Maybe the router is my issue??