MACBook PRO-- Wireless Mouse

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by iguess25, Jun 14, 2008.

1. iguess25 macrumors regular

Im in search of a mouse with great RANGE. That's bluetooth enabled preferably , great range too. That keeps my USB PORT FREE. I don't want no receiver or anything connected to my usb port- I need it free. Something nice and reliable..

2. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

Try Logitech, they make a couple nice BT Mice.

Also, its MacBook Pro, Not MACBook Pro, why do people Capatalise MAC?

3. catachip macrumors regular

catachip

You want a Bluetooth-enabled Keyboard and mouse. The range on these products is about 10 meters (32 feet) and if you have any modern Mac, they don't require anything in your USB port and no receiver.

The Apple wireless keyboard and mouse listed below are nice and reliable.

Keyboard:
    http://store.apple.com/us/product/M...ac/mac_accessories/mice_keyboards&mco=MTQ0OTE

Mouse:
    http://store.apple.com/us/product/M...c/mac_accessories/mice_keyboards&mco=MTE2MTI3

Good luck!

4. amusiccale macrumors 6502

Another vote for Logitech. The apple ones are reliable, but the white look doesn't match the silver scheme as well as some of Logitech's offerings. If that's a priority at all.

5. Animalk macrumors 6502

I have been using a Logitech v270 Bluetooth mouse with my MBP since the day i got it. Absolutely flawless. Very quick response, better then average battery life, comfortable shape and very durable. I have dropped this mouse several times on the floor where the cover came off and the batteries flew out. I just put it all back together and works like new. It also came with a very practical neoprene pouch.

I believe they no longer make this mouse and it has been replaced with the v470. Logitech makes several Bluetooth mice that are supposedly much higher grade then mine, like the VX Revolution (and VX Nano) for example which I had the pleasure to try. Both are quite possibly perfect mice and are worth mentioning even if they are not Bluetooth.

I highly recommend Logitech's products as I have been using them for over a decade now.Their products have been a joy to use and they have excellent customer support and service.

Good luck on your purchase.

EDIT: Only one negative comment regarding my v270 is that with two AA batteries in it, it can feel quite heavy at times depending on the surface you are using it on. Here is the link to the new Logitech v470 Bluetooth notebook mouse.

6. iguess25 thread starter macrumors regular

MACBook Pro cool.

7. iguess25 thread starter macrumors regular

8. Animalk macrumors 6502

I would disagree with that statement. Though I like the feel and shape of the Apple Mighty Mouse, the whole surface sensing idea is just flawed. If you like resting your fingers on either button of the mouse, you will find getting used to the Mighty Mouse frustrating. Also, if you use any applications that distinguish between clicking one of either the left or the right button or both at the same time (like World of Warcraft), forget the Mighty Mouse. It is simply not capable of it. In other words, it can detect both left and right button clicks separately but it will not distinguish them from clicking both at the same time. Also, I find them to be noticeably, but not terribly, less responsive then the logitech Bluetooth mice.

9. chiefroastbeef macrumors 6502a

They can call it whatever the hell they want.

10. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I had a Logitech V470 for my bluetooth mice needs.

11. Jozone macrumors 6502

I own 2 Logitech v270's and 1 BT Mighty Mouse.. for the money logitech wins hands down (both logitechs cost me about the same as the MM).

As much as I like the side scrolling on the MM, having a real right click is important to me. Theres no discernible difference in the range I get with the different mice, but the furthest I'd ever get back is about 10'.

12. iguess25 thread starter macrumors regular

haha beef

whats the different in range between the mm and logitech from owners who experienced both?

you think peeps say mm cause its apple product?

anyone?

13. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Whatever you say Chef! :D

14. Xavier macrumors 68020

My mighty mouse has pretty good range. I don't know the kind of distance you are looking for. But, I did a little test for fun. I put my computer on my kitchen table, and then went in the hallway (about 2 1/2 rooms over). It still worked according to my sister, but of course I couldn't see what I was doing.

In more practical use, when I connected my computer to my TV, the MM worked perfectly fine, about ~15 feet away.

My guess is that most bluetooth mice are this way.

15. iguess25 thread starter macrumors regular

hmm cool. Most likely I will go 470 for comfort and ease of use.

16. iguess25 thread starter macrumors regular

What about kensington si670m bt mouse or kensington pilotmouse mini bt?

17. iguess25 thread starter macrumors regular

18. iguess25 thread starter macrumors regular

19. idyll macrumors 6502

As much as I don't like it, the most ideal mouse I've used with a Apple laptop has been the wireless Mighty Mouse. No extra devices necessary..

20. MacPM8 macrumors regular

21. marco007 macrumors member

USb Overdrive enable v470 back and forward buttons ?

22. Ronix macrumors member

Mogo Mouse

I don't know if you care how portable your mouse is but, I have found the newton MOGO mouse to work perfectly for my needs of small and portable with bluetooth. Check out there products here..... http://www.newtonperipherals.com/products.html It is a hassle to charge as the MacBook Pro only has an Express Card 34 slot. I just happen to have a work computer that has X54. Other than that it just works.

23. iguess25 thread starter macrumors regular

24. liquidh2o macrumors 6502

logitech all the way, they make great wireless products

25. iguess25 thread starter macrumors regular