MacBook Pro Wireless N

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Nicolasdec, Apr 29, 2007.

1. Nicolasdec macrumors 65816

Nicolasdec

I have a macbook pro core duo and i whould like to have the new Wireless N. I know that only the Core 2 Duos have N. Is there any way i could get it for my laptop. :)

2. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

There are people that have used cards from the MacPro and Dell's - do a search on it!

The main difference is the MBP C2D has 3 antennas and the the CD ones have 2 wires, hence the need to use a different card.

3. MacDann macrumors 6502a

MacDann

You can replace the existing AP card in the MBP CD with an upgrade card for the Mac Pro. They are available from PowerMaxx for $49.00 and take about 30 minutes to install, and are a direct replacement in the sense that they have the same number of antenna jacks and the mounting is the same.

You get the 802.11n enabler with the upgrade kit, so you don't need any additional software.

Check out the details on the accelerate your Mac Web site.

I did it to mine and it was a great upgrade for the money. I took advantage of having the case open to put a faster hard drive in as well.

MD

4. Nicolasdec thread starter macrumors 65816

Nicolasdec

I cant find the powermaxx ite can you give me URL also should i take it to apple or can i do it myself?

5. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

I'm 99% sure Apple will not install a part not designed for the MBP in a MBP :(

Edit to add: I think this is the kit you need