macbook pro wireless problems

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by austen0316, Aug 31, 2008.

1. austen0316 macrumors newbie

Are we ever gonna get a fix to the wireless problems on the macbook pro, I just bought mine and its really becoming a pain.

2. busterbluth macrumors 6502

I'm possibly buying a new MBP (depending on when the redesign is). What is the problem you are experiencing?

3. bobbleheadbob macrumors 6502a

bobbleheadbob

What wireless problems? Mine has always worked fine and I haven't heard about any publicized issues. I don't know what you're referring to. :confused:

4. austen0316 thread starter macrumors newbie

the problem with the connection, its gets full bars then goes out, then comes back then out again. its take down the whole network. there a ton of posts on apple's support forums and previous posts on here about it.

5. ucsdmac macrumors 6502

ucsdmac

I have the penryn mbp and I've read about people's wireless problems.. I always thought of myself as fortunate because mine has always been fine.. until these last couple of days. it's doing exactly as you described... constant dropping.. goes on and off erratically.. I know its not my wireless router because my roommate's is fine.. and all i have to do to fix it is turn off my airport then turn it back on.. its getting to be real annoying.

6. msprouls macrumors member

msprouls

I was having a lot of problems with my WiFi connection on my MBP. The connection would drop about every 10-15mins and then reconnect 15-30 secs later. The access point I was using was a ZyXel ZyAir G-3000. I have never had a problem with the ZyAir AP, up until this point I would call it bullet proof.

To trouble shoot this problem I went to BestBuy and picked up a D-link DIR-655 Router/Access Point to test with. I have not had a single drop on the MacBook Pro since installing the device. I have never been a huge D-Link fan but I have been very impressed with this router/access point.

I have come to the conclusion that Apple does have an issue with the chip set they are using for WiFi that shows up with certain hardware combination's/environments.

In my setup the D-Link DIR-655 has worked without any issues.

7. ucsdmac macrumors 6502

ucsdmac

I have the airport express... surely the mbp should work "seamlessly" with its own apple product

8. msprouls macrumors member

msprouls

You would think

9. ucsdmac macrumors 6502

ucsdmac

forgot to add the *sarcasm* note.

10. mrwizardno2 macrumors 6502a

mrwizardno2

Mine just started doing the same thing this past thursday. It had been fine and never had an issue until now. I am so bummed! :(

I'm using an Airport Extreme, and yes: you'd think they'd work seamlessly together - they always used to before :confused: