Macbook Pro with 2 External Displays?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by melymel96, Jan 29, 2011.

1. melymel96 macrumors member

Hi guys. My company just recently gave me a Macbook Pro. I've been a PC user forever so I'm learning the mac OS. Is there any way to hook up two external displays to a MB Pro?

Thanks!!!

2. jwheeler macrumors regular

Only one sorry :(

but the res can be huge, and i'm pretty sure there are devices to split along two screens (pretending to be one)

3. altair7 macrumors member

4. melymel96 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks...does this work for Mac? Just want to make sure because only Windows OS are listed.

I know about Matrox but I read the other posts how it just stretches the screen. I wont be watching any movies or anything, this is just for work purposes.

5. karsten macrumors 6502a

karsten

these should work. note that the video isnt accelerated so any videos or games you play on that monitor will be slow. but for general desktop use its fine.

6. ctyhntr macrumors 6502

ctyhntr

Yes, you can hook up two or more external displays. This supports external monitor connection through USB. You can buy up to 6 and hook each one to a 1080 display.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002GHBW4S/ref=oss_product

I've been using this setup for the last three weeks on a 2009 15" MacBookPro with 4GB of memory. You'll need to download a special driver for the Mac OS X. It does consume noticeable memory and according to SMC fan monitoring, raise my laptop's temperature by 20 degrees. Maybe with a 2010 laptop, CPU load won't be as noticeable.

7. aussiedj macrumors regular