Macbook Pro with 24" External Display Owners: I have a question..

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Hatchet, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Hatchet macrumors regular

I purchased the ACD 23" last week and I've been experiencing some noticable lag when using the MBP (Open) + 23" ACD at the same time.

I notice the lag or sluggishness when I:
    • Resize windows
    • Use Expose
    • Use Dashboard
    I have the previous model of the MBP 2.5Ghz with 4GB Ram so I am wondering if this is a general issue because the MBP is trying to use 2 displays.

Is the only way to counteract this issue by simply using the MBP in clamshell mode or is there a fix for this?

Does this lag have anything to do with the age of the ACD's technology?
    (Would the 16ms Response time be the issue?)

The lag isn't major but it is enough to notice that it is going on.

Any help or thoughts is appreciated. If you experience the same thing, please let me know.

2. firstapple macrumors 6502a

firstapple

I can't speak for the MBP or for the ACD... However, when I used a black MacBook with my Dell Monitor I didn't experience any lag.

3. Hatchet thread starter macrumors regular

I realized I worded it weird so I took it out, I meant is that the only way to fix that lag issue.

4. firstapple macrumors 6502a

firstapple

Haha, I saw that so I edited my post as well. When I read your post at first I was just sitting here scratching my head thinking "Why the heck can't he just close up the MBP and test it out himself"?

5. Hatchet thread starter macrumors regular

So with your Dell, it worked flawlessly with your macbook open? I can't quite understand why it's lagging. I don't know if it has to do with the response time of 16ms?

6. firstapple macrumors 6502a

firstapple

I may have mislead you with my post... I never tested it out with my macbook open. I always used it in clamshell mode.