Macbook pro with 3 partitions? problems!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by tabu, Apr 8, 2008.

1. tabu macrumors newbie

Hi friends.
    I just bought yesterday my first Mac. Im so happy! :) :apple:

But Im having some problems.

I need in my Harddrive, 3 partitions.

1 for Leopard
    1 for Windows
    1 for Work stuff (Im dj, so I'll use it to store MP3 and some music projects)

I have tried to install 3 partitions with bootcamp, but I cant because as you know, boot camp only allow to install 2 partitions. one for leopard and the other for windows.

So I installed again leopard and created 3 partitions. 1 for mac os, and 2 fat32.

Then I Installed vista (formating 2nd partition to NTFS) and the 3rd partition with NTFS too.

In Leopard Ive installed ntfs-3g so I can write in leopard, in the ntfs partitions.

But the big problem I have now is that I cant run parallels or vmware fusion.

Can someone help me please?

And sorry for the large post and sorry for bad english.

Cheers :)

2. John01021988 macrumors 6502

For Parallels, you have to "search" for the bootcamp partition. There are some options available that will tell you if you want to use a image or bootcamp

3. tabu thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi, thanks for the help.

Ive tried that and paralells tells me that my Windows partition is not a boot camp instalation, because bootcamp only allow to create 2 partitions on the hdd. And in my case, its not an image instalation too.

4. tabu thread starter macrumors newbie

5. emperoruriel macrumors member

Tabu,

Do you need parallels to read and use both windows partitions? The way I see it is to format two partitions, then use one of the partitions to install mac and a boot camp partition. Have the other partition for just restarting to that partition without using parallels.