Macbook Pro with DELL U2713H mouse jumps!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kjoa23, Aug 27, 2013.

1. kjoa23 macrumors newbie

Hi there!

First of all, sorry about my english!

I use my MBP connected to a DELL U2713H 27 inch display (2560 x 1440 through display port), it´s new (I started using it just 3 days ago).

The problem is that te mouse cursor jumps, it suddenly apears elsewhere on the screen. I have used the MBP with a Samsung 22 inch display (1920 x 1080) for years and no problem at all, the mouse was perfect. I always use CORDED mouse, actually a Logitech G400, but I tried with my old Microsoft Optical mouse 1.1 too and is the same problem.

If I disconnected the display and use the MBP screen, it works great with booth mouses.

I design with the mac, so this problem is more frequent when working (large files, multiple programs open).

Maybe the video card is not strong enough? or the RAM?

My MBP details:

13-inch, Early 2011
    Intel i5 2.3
    8 GB 1333 mhz DDR3
    Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB
    Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63)

Mouse: Logitech G400 CORDED!
    Keyboard: apple bluetooth.

I work as a designer, so the mac is really clean (just a few software installed). No games, no unnecessary soft.

Thanks a lot!

2. macNwindow macrumors member

3. kjoa23 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi there, i´m using a Steel series mouse pad. That is not the problem, with the 22 inch monitor and the same mouse and mousepad i never had any problem!

I think is the video card

4. macNwindow macrumors member

Yes, then I agree with you. The 13" MBP does not have the power of a discrete GPU like a 15" MBP. Working with large files + a display attached to the computer causes the integrated GPU you have to work harder, but it cannot keep up. I would suggest a upgrade to the 15" mbp or MBPr. They have dedicated GPU that is more powerful and can handle larger workloads of your needs.

Word of caution, the next MBPr 15" MAY or MAY NOT have a dedicated GPU. So it is up to you to gamble on getting it later.