MacBook Pro With education pricing

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Togmummy, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Togmummy macrumors newbie

Hello guys,
    I am trying to buy a macbook pro or a retina (I am a photographer).I am eligible for education pricing.

Question:
    With education pricing, i get a $200 discount (information of their website says offer expires September 21st).... I would like to know if the discount is the same year round for student or the promo really does expires September 21st)

Spec

15/2.6/8 gb.(Macbook pro) I also plan on upgrading from 8gb to 16gb in the near future.

Please help. Thanks

2. PapaVBnMOMO macrumors member

I think the Sept 21 deadline is to get the free 100 dollar itunes gift card. The 200 is year round. But if u get the rMBPN u have to get the 16gb upfront, cannot be upgraded.

3. afinch1992 macrumors 6502

afinch1992

the pricing does not change, just the back to school offer. ram is soldered to the board, so only ssd is upgradable. even then it has to be the blade ssd

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

$200 discount is year-round like everyone already said. The current "Back to school" offer includes an $100 Mac App / iTunes Store gift care on top of the $200 instant discount.

For RAM, the older style MacBook Pro you can upgrade the RAM at any time, but if you buy the redesigned MacBook Pro with Retina display you must order the computer with the specs you want; for all intents of purposes you cannot upgrade anything later.

5. BigMoo macrumors member

This

6. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

here is the sales policy for Academic discounts. Its very basic. Meaning its just like the other company that offers education discount (adobe,Dell, HP, etc) I think even Best Buy has a plan.

between $100-200 per purchase from Apple.

http://store.apple.com/us/open/salespolicies/edu

7. Togmummy thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks everyone. really appreciate your help.