MacBook pro with external monitor, screen image streched!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jellek92, Jun 24, 2013.

1. jellek92 macrumors newbie

Hello fellow forum members,

I recently bought an mini display to VGA adapter to connect my 13" macbook to a 24" VGA 1080p monitor. The problem is, is that my desktop on the external monitor is stretched. I can't see the right side and the left side. The vertical size is good but the horizontal size is to wide. I can't see the apple logo in the upperleft corner and I can't see the time in the upperright corner. I've tried anything but I just can't get the right aspect ratio. Is there anybody that could help me out?

Could be that my description is a bit difficult to understand so I attached an image.

Attached Files:

2. swerve147 macrumors 6502a

swerve147

MacBook pro with external monitor, screen image streched!

My guess is that there should be controls on the monitor itself to resize the borders. VGA signals are analog so often you need to do these adjustments directly using the monitor controls (horizontal/vertical size, sharpness, etc.) to get the picture just right.

3. me43 macrumors member

I was having this same problem on a 23 inch hp monitor. I found the I could control the number of pixels going both ways with display monitor.

4. jellek92 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah i've tried adjusting the size via the monitor controls but that just makes it a little bit better but it still not fits. Is there any kind of software to adjust the width?