MacBook Pro with GERMAN Keyboard, Power Supply ... from Apple Store SAN FRANCISCO!?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by King Crimson, Sep 8, 2008.

1. King Crimson macrumors member

King Crimson

Hi there,

I'm in desperate need of a new MacBook Pro, I waited too long to buy (rumors about a revision on September 9th) it at home so I'll have to get it in my hollidays :(

Well, I'm from Germany and going to visit the USA, so I thought, it should be possible to buy a MacBook Pro (revised or not :mad:) in an Apple Store (San Francisco) with GERMAN Keyboard and power supply!? I'll be there around Sept 16th.

English documentation is OK and Apple Care is international, this shouldn't be a problem ...

Anybody did it before!? Which is the best way to do it!? How much time do I need in advance!?

Cheers!

2. logana macrumors 65816

logana

I think this has been asked before and it is not possible.

The Apple Stores in each country sell only what is available at their respective countries on-line store. You should/might be able to get a Spanish keyboard but German - no. Sorry. The German and US keyboards are very different.

3. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

Remember that you will have to pay sales tax at the point of purchase and you also may be liable for import duties and taxes when you return to Germany.