MacBook Pro with Retina Display weird noise

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by 0penCr8, Jul 8, 2012.

1. 0penCr8 macrumors newbie

I just got my new MacBook Pro with Retina Display and I am noticing an odd noise. It is a high-pitched hum and it happens when scrolling on webpages or installing software. It also has some weird clicking noise. I don't understand this because the new MacBook Pro is flash storage and has no moving parts other than the fan. This is definitely not the fan. I called AppleCare and they told me to reset PRAM and NVRAM and reset the SMC. This did not fix the problem. Then, they told me to reinstall Lion. I did that, and that didn't work either. They told me they would call me back to set up a 'capture'. Hopefully they will just give me a new machine because this is 15 days old.
    Is anyone else having this problem?

(Thank god I have AppleCare)
    Thanks.

2. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

3. eeclipse16 macrumors member

I have the same problem on my imac. It was plugged into external speakers and whenever I would scroll web pages and the page was mostly white it would give that same noise you described. If the page was dark it would not play the noise.

4. GCWB macrumors member

Maybe it's singing a song for it's new owner?

5. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

Racist iMac?

6. 0penCr8 thread starter macrumors newbie

Same here, except I just bought my computer. They wanted to of a hardware capture, so I took my old one in and they gave me a new one. This one does it too.:mad: It's probably normal because what are that chance of getting two lemons?