MacBook Pro with Retina display - Where to buy?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by azurehi, Apr 17, 2015.

1. azurehi macrumors regular

azurehi

I am looking to buy a 2015 retina macbook pro 13", 2.7GHz, 256GB PCIe-based flash storage. It is $1499 from the Apple store plus tax and $1,424.99 with No tax from Macmall. The saving with tax is $150.91. From what I understand Macmall is a "certified Apple reseller".

Does buying from Macmall seem like a good idea? Anyone have experience with Macmall?

Comments appreciated - thanks.

2. bookwormsy macrumors 6502

Technically, you're supposed to be paying the use tax on your state tax return ;)

MacMall is a well known brand. You're fine buying from them.

3. itegypt macrumors 6502

itegypt

Apple or Amazon are probably easier to return/exchange “just incase” but I got my 15” from them and I processed the payment thru Amazon.

4. swerve147 macrumors 6502a

swerve147

You might be able to save some money at the Apple Store if your employer participates in Apple's Employee Purchase Program. If so you get about a 7% discount. I just purchased the same Macbook you're looking at for $1409.00 before taxes.

Just throwing that out there.

5. doboy macrumors 68000

Buy from Best Buy. It's on sale for $1424.99 and you can use 10% coupon (located inside the movers packet from USPS) = $1282.49+tax. If you want to save even more, you can try to get a $50 EDU coupon from eBay to use on top of the 10% coupon, but this is YMMV since some stores don't let you stack them. I bought my 2015 rMBP 256GB last Sat for $1237.49+tax+LCD disposal fee after using both coupons. You also get $20-25 in BBY rewards.

6. azurehi thread starter macrumors regular

azurehi

Thanks for all the information and suggestions. I'll probably check out BestBuy.

7. nanogirl21 macrumors 6502a

nanogirl21

I got my Early 2015 model from Macmall. About 20 minutes after I ordered I got a call to confirm my order and address. It was a yes or no 30 second phone call. It shipped the same day and it was in my hands 2 days later. I got free 2 day shipping. You will have to sign for the package. I purchased my iPad and iPods from Macmall and never had any problems. I saved nearly $200 on my Macbook Pro.

8. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

MacMall is pretty good, I've never heard anything bad about them. B&H Photo has great service and they have good prices at times. I used to work at a place in Oregon called PowerMax and I know they don't charge taxes, but I can't comment on their service because I've never ordered anything from them.

Buy from an authorized reseller and the warranty will be through Apple if you have any problems.