Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shyretirer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 3, 2014
Hello,

I just inherited an older 2.4 GHZ Intel Core Duo MacBook Pro with 2 GB's 667 MHZ DDR2 SDRAM running Snow Leopard 10.6.8. It runs fine until it freezes. It's like i've hit a button to highlight everything on the screen but I haven't. The mouse moves but I can't click on anything or even quit and have to reboot manually. Does anyone know of a fix?

Thanks in advance.

snaky69

macrumors 603
Mar 14, 2008
Hello,

I just inherited an older 2.4 GHZ Intel Core Duo MacBook Pro with 2 GB's 667 MHZ DDR2 SDRAM running Snow Leopard 10.6.8. It runs fine until it freezes. It's like i've hit a button to highlight everything on the screen but I haven't. The mouse moves but I can't click on anything or even quit and have to reboot manually. Does anyone know of a fix?

Thanks in advance.

My best guess: Either the GPU is dying (this model is affected by a manufacturing flaw that makes the 8600GT essentially a ticking time bomb), or your hard drive is on it's way out.

Shyretirer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 3, 2014
My best guess: Either the GPU is dying (this model is affected by a manufacturing flaw that makes the 8600GT essentially a ticking time bomb), or your hard drive is on it's way out.

Thanks Snaky. Good thing I got this one for free and everything is saved on backup drives. Now I have two malfunctioning Mac's. The other an even older Mac 10.4 Safari. Boots to blue screen with again a moveable mouse. arrrg.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.