Macbook Pro with Wireless Card

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JForestZ342, Dec 20, 2007.

1. JForestZ342 macrumors newbie

Hey guys great site and alot of great info on here. This is my first Mac and I'm loving every minute of it.. My question is this I just got a wireless card from Verizon that is USB and it works great but this is my problem. Sometimes when I wake my computer from sleep it takes aobut 1-2 mins before the screen pops on and just before the program to start the wireless wouldn't load. Now with this sleep waking issue it never has done that before until after I loaded the software for this air card. Could this be whats causing the problem.. Some of the little problems seem to have came up after I loaded this software I was going to uninstall it and see what happens the next couple of days.. Does anyones have any input for this..

James

2. Beed macrumors newbie

I would recommend that you uninstall the software. You can use the airport card thats installed in your Macbook Pro already? Well, I hope you can.

3. lavrishevo macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

Obviously he can not use the airport card for Verizon cell internet. It probably is the Verizon card that is doing this. Have you tried taking the Verizon card out before putting it to sleep. My MBP does something similar when I have the iPhone plugged in and put it to sleep. So I just unplug it before putting the MBP to sleep and it has no problems after that.

4. JForestZ342 thread starter macrumors newbie

Wireless card

I just uninstalled the card software and I'll give it a couple of days and see if this is the coulprit. SO far so good thou, it's only been to sleep about 2 times since I uninstalled it...

James