MacBook Pro without battery turns on automatically when connecting MagSafe charger

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by idoit, Aug 19, 2017.

1. idoit macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I need help! I have MacBook Pro late 2011 and I don't have a battery for it. For now, I intend to use it as-is, just like a desktop. It's working great but I have a big issue with it that I explain below.

Let's say MacBook Pro is completely turned off. When I connect the MagSafe charger, even without pressing power button, it automatically turns on. Stays on (fans are spinning at this point) for a second but automatically turns off!!! Then, it SIL (front LED) blinks 5 times and laptop boots up.

I have shot a video of it to clarify: https://mega.nz/#!G0tkwKgb!Wiv4lUXPLr-E0Kwu7SAJzRx4PyzFgNXefTwp6Lm__AM (It was large so couldn't attach it here)

What's wrong? How can I resolve this issue? It's important for me, because hibernating laptop becomes useless. As it automatically shuts off after automatically turning on, laptop boots just as if it's fresh start. My hibernatemode in pmset is 25.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 19, 2017 ---
    To investigate more and isolate the source of this issue, I stripped the laptop and took out the motherboard with DC-in module and both fans and RAMs attached to it. When I connect the charger, same thing as above happens. Now, if I take the RAMs off, it automatically turns on by connecting MagSafe but now the good thing is it doesn't automatically turn off.

Any help is appreciated.

2. jerryk macrumors 68040

I thought the macbook pro needed the battery to have sufficient power to run under all conditions.

But, my question is why not just install a battery?

3. idoit thread starter macrumors newbie

I can tell you from experience that it runs perfectly fine without a battery (well except the issue I currently have).
    About battery, I'm just concerned if it's more than just lack of battery! Because in my old 2008 MacBook (which lacks battery as well), it doesn't have this problem at all.