Macbook pro wont boot anymore..

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by stefmesman, Feb 20, 2012.

1. stefmesman macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I own an early 2011 macbook pro running 10.7.3. For the last few weeks i have been having a kernel panic every once in a while. Yesterday i installes the messages beta. Mac asked me to restart. I did. Got the grey bootup screen. Loading bar appears. It loads for 1/10th. Then the loading bar dissapears. Tries waiting for 20 minutes. No bootup. Hard restarted tryd again. No bootup. Tryd resetting pram. Problem remains. Restored a backup from time capsule. Now i dont get the loading bar anymore. But i just hang at the grey screen. Anyone have an idea whats going on? This is my primary working machine. Posting this from my iphone. Can anybody help me try to fix this?

Thanks, stef

2. stefmesman thread starter macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Disc was fine, repaired it anyway. Didnt change anything. I can get into the restore lion window. another thing that was happening lately was my headphone plug hole displaying a red light al the time and having no audio. The mac seems to think i have an optical cable attached. But i could not put it back to internal speakers. Another problem i sometimes have is when i leave my computer on for a while. The screen goes black and i cant wake it up from sleep mode anymore, and i have to hard restart to get it working again. I know. Alot of problems...